Sunday, March 20, 2011

[Segway tour of Annapolis.]




So there's nothing dorkier than people who ride Segways...and like the true dork I am, I was SO excited when my good friend Tim invited me to take a Segway tour of downtown Annapolis. I was 100% convinced I was going to pull a George Bush and fall on my face, but it turns out that riding a Segway is actually really natural and intuitive. If you want to go forward, you lean slightly forward, and if you want to slow down, stop, or back up, you lean back. Most importantly, if you need to pose, it keeps you balanced. It's a really fun and freeing experience - at one point our tourguide let us go as fast as we wanted (the Segs go up to about 15 mph), so Tim and I had fun zooming around.


These were our speed demon faces:



Tim and I met years ago one weekend when he was down visiting New York from Cornell. Since then we've kept in touch on and off, and I'm so excited that we finally live near each other and can see each other more often! We had such an amazing little day zooming around the historic city and then toodling around antique shops, a cute bookstore, and - of course - an old cemetery. Can't wait for our next adventure - a Segway tour of DC perhaps?? ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment