In case anyone still has this dilapidated ol' blog languishing in their Google Reader or blogroll, please remove it.
But fear not!
My dazzling brilliance, beauty, and wit shall not be lost to this world! Feel free to replace district of cha cha with the pretty crusades, my new bloggy blog.
I'm automatically redirecting you anyway, suckers.
Tuesday, April 30, 2013
Friday, October 5, 2012
Wednesday, October 3, 2012
Wednesday, September 26, 2012
One lovely evening in July I attended a delightful twilight polo match with some of my nearest and dearest, Ren, Wendy, Rachel, and Grant. It was kind of a bizarre mix between upper crust lawn party and red neck BBQ, but the incredible Virginia mountain scenery more than made up for it. And really any excuse for a fine cheese, French bread, and sparkly juice picnic in the countryside is alright with me.
Let's be honest, this was all really just an excuse for a photo shoot. Luckily, I had a wonderfully willing accomplice in Wendy. She'll deny, deny, deny, but Wendy is a model and photo shoot director extraordinaire. Stay tuned for our next shoot, sure to involve gowns and graves. (Not actually kidding. Note how "cemeteries" is listed twice in the left sidebar. An accident -- WHY didn't anyone tell me until last month?! -- but telling nonetheless.)
Tuesday, September 25, 2012
Been a while. Now that summer's over, I think I'll start this baby back up again. Here's some Bombay Bicycle Club and Alt-J. Go on, just try to listen to "Shuffle" without tapping your foot or bobbing your head. Just in case that song leaves you feeling a little too upbeat, I next present "Something Good." According to The Guardian, it's about "the death of a matador as an analogy for the slow mending of a broken heart through fun distractions." Womp womp.
Saw BBC this summer with roomie Rachel, who introduced me to this band. These guys were there too:
Friday, August 24, 2012
Though my beloved Cape Cod seems to be best known for Taylor Swift - Kennedy clan liaisons these days, it is also the site of some of my most treasured family and summer memories. My parents first started spending a week or two on the Cape while they were in college in Boston, and the tradition has continued almost every summer since then.
Those are the sibs, in all of their partially clothed glory. Below is Dad, making a deal happen even from the beach. Meanwhile, Mom, always the photographer, never the photographed, still valiantly keeps us sunscreened and Oreo-fed...
I wish I could take everyone I've ever loved with me to Cape Cod. The golden, sloping sand dunes, the quirky Provincetown shops, the evening summer league baseball games, the quiet, wooded cemetery from centuries long past... I admit that I'm sentimental to a fault, but I'd challenge even the hardest of hearts to deny the sweet and simple nostalgia of the Cape.
In the classic words of Patti Page:
If you spend an evening, you'll want to stay / Watching the moonlight on Cape Cod Bay / You're sure to fall in love with old Cape Cod.
Until next year!
Wednesday, August 22, 2012
Greetings. Resisted posting this up for Two Tunes Tuesday, since I've already posted Milo Greene twice there before, but can't resist on this lovely (super stressful-wanting to rip my hair out at work-hence this mental health blogging music break) Wednesday. Milo Greene has been a favorite for the last year, and recently they've been releasing music videos for the songs off their new album. In order, each video forms a part of a short film, "Moddison," which, so far at least, tells the story of a man enchanted by a lovely stranger, who suddenly disappears.
I love a million things about these videos -- in true Milo Greene fashion, they're eloquent, poignant, haunting, nostalgic, understated... But one of my favorite things about these films is that they're filmed at Shaver Lake in California, where I went boating with friends and family every summer of my childhood. I know, guys, shocking -- she's spent time outdoors!! (Shout out to my Family Campers!)
Anyway, if you have the time, I totally recommend watching these lovely thingies. Or at least the first, which is probably my favorite. And I'd love to know if you like (not so much if you dislike, don't break my heart like that). Also, Milo Greene is currently on tour, and coming to this neck of the woods in late October. Let's go!!
Wednesday, August 15, 2012
Tuesday, August 7, 2012
New Mumford! New Mumford! New Mumford!
Kind of reminds me of Coldplay's "Kingdom Come".
Kind of reminds me of Coldplay's "Kingdom Come".
And then let's have some Shearwater.
Meanwhile, I'm sickie in bed for the evening, apparently having swallowed ten flaming knives last night, or so it feels in my throat. Simultaneously developed what appears to be a case of mini hives all over my arms. Various opinions offered (from no medical professionals, of course): sun allergy, chlorine allergy, perfume allergy, grass allergy. Really, who knows from whence my baby bumpies have materialized, but if any of those suggestions are correct, I'm not ever meant to venture outdoors or get wet. Both things I generally try to avoid, so fine by me.
Monday, July 30, 2012
Wednesday, July 25, 2012
- In celebration of Pioneer Day, I went with a few Utahns to Texas Roadhouse last night. Overall a very enjoyable, but bewildering experience. As the entire table watched, I struggled with the ordering process a bit. "Would you like sirloin or ribeye?" Uh........filet mignon? What kind of man question is that?! Whatevs. Luckily, I was wearing my best pioneer puffed sleeves, and I recovered enough to introduce the table to my pioneer shimmy, new dance move coming to a club near you. Finally, I had been told that in order to attend this dinner, I'd have to be prepared to say a few positive words about Utah. So I've been to Utah, like, five times, maybe. Eventually, in spite of the fact that my most recent visit was particularly damaging to my psyche and overall emotional well being, I managed to bear fervent testimony of Sconecutter. The Utahns were well pleased, I believe. The conversation then turned to hunting, and I contributed very little.
- My coworkers are concerned about my emotional well-being today, due to all the moans and wails of despair emanating from behind my closed office door. As you might imagine, I'm not coping well with the rumors of Kristen Stewart's infidelity. I'm in such a state. Please let it not be so. Please let it not be so. **Update: omg NOOOOO she confirmed! Dying. Dying.
- Things are deteriorating. I accidentally just ate a handful of blue m&ms. My tongue is not the color it should be. We can't talk about it.
- Currently compiling a summer bucket list. Suggestions/collaborations welcome.
- Was just told that I resemble a meerkat. Delighted, obviously.
Tuesday, July 24, 2012
friends. the good ones and the loved ones. the kind who are always up to talk and down to play. and above all, available for late night pie.
frolicking. this beautiful city. the buildings, the monuments, the flags, everywhere. everything. soaking these sights in, in case they aren't always there, or in case you aren't always here.
fireworks. sparkly and glittery times a thousand. who needs stars with these beauties lighting up the sky?
scooters. because they make people happy and they make people giggle.
dancing. in the rain above the city lights. hands in the air. unaware of the camera until later, really, just goofing for the pure joy and ridiculousness of it all.
...among other things.