Saturday, April 14, 2012

[Glitterbomb!]


Guys. GLITTERBOMB. It happened. 

Don't know what "glitterbomb" means? Here. And here. Except instead of meh GOP candidates, our house was glitterbombed. On purpose. By me and Domineau. For our GLITTERBOMB birthday party!!! 

So...it turns out that glitter (unsurprisingly) brings out the crazy in me. Picture a combination of Tinkerbell + Tazmanian Devil + cackling Wicked Witch of the West, and you get me, twirling around the main floor chucking handfuls of glitter and confetti on every possible surface (and myself) less than an hour before the party. I think this was our best party yet, with the glitter errrywhere, combined with the glitter mason jar candle holders I made and the a-MAYYY-zing canopy Dom constructed. We celebrate our birthdays in sparkly style, people. 



We were so lucky to have these beautiful and delicious cakes made for us by Miss Lauren. My cake (front) was cinnamon with a spicy "Mexican hot chocolate" frosting (chosen by Lauren because I'm "Mexican and spicy" thankyouverymuch), definitely one of the best cakes I've ever had. Dom's was chocolate with a salted caramel frosting and chocolate ganache drip. Thank you L!!


A few of my favorite photos and people from our little homemade photobooth:

These roomies came in matching purple outfits. Love.

And my most favorite of all, Papa Rod in the flesh! My dad showed up close to midnight, after flying in from Los Angeles, just in time to catch me blowing out my candles. 


Dom and I both had a blast celebrating our 25th and 24th birthdays, respectively, and we were so happy to do it in the company of so many of our great friends. And I loved sharing my birthday festivities with her for the second year in a row. Already planning next year... :)

P.S. Thanks so much to all of the friendlies that helped us with Glitterbomb! Shannon, Morgan, Lucy, Allie, David...definitely could not have managed without you loves. And Tyler for the first four photos!

1 comment: