Sunday, December 18, 2011

[The ugly sweater party.]

Last night we had 100 of our closest friends over for an intimate ugly sweater gathering with wassail, hot chocolate, and Domineau's amazeballs "Better Than [your favorite vice]" cake. I was kind of nervous slash excited to see what people would come up with for their ugly sweaters...what turned up was a delightful combination of awkward family photo/cat lady/normal sartorially challenged Mormon people sweaters. I couldn't have been more pleased, really.

Btw, these are my roomies--not sure I've ever shown us in all of our Seven Brides for Seven Brothers glory (props to the ex for that nickname...don't think the irony is lost on me), so presenting Rachel, Lynn, Melissa, Domineau, moi, Ginette, and Corinne for your viewing pleasure:


This Aaron fellow below took FULL advantage of the strategically placed mistletoe, which I definitely hung in about 15 different places throughout our main floor, plus over every roommate's bedroom door. I had hoped to get every guest a kiss from someone, but alas, the apple cider wasn't quite strong enough, I guess.

Is there anything more adorable than a grown man who bedazzles his own Christmas shirt with Santa penguins (below) all by his little self? I think not...I think not. Also, props to Dom for DIYing her pom pom Christmas tree shirt as well.

Basically everyone should have a giant red bow.

...and a southern boy to grant you Santa wishes.


1 comment:

  1. Such a great party, and of course I took advantage of that mistletoe! Very funny you didn't know I'm dating Emily; makes me kissing her an even funnier thought :)

    ReplyDelete