Wednesday, March 14, 2012

[Little lessons, lately.]


Hey hi. Have kind of neglected this masterpiece recently. Busy makin' moves, you know?

Some lessons learned, lately: 

1. Clear your search history if you've recently searched for "adult stores DC" to avoid red-faced, "It was for a bridal shower, I swear! No, really. Really!!" explanations when a guy borrows your phone at church. Yep. Just as embarrassing as it sounds. 

2. Things don't always heal. Sometimes they just scab. And then the scab gets scratched off, and you bleed, and then scab again, over and over and over again. And you go through a lot of bandaids. And you get used to the loss of blood.

3. Only go running in your neighorhood right after work if you are comfortable being seen in sweat and spandex by basically everyone you know. It's me at my best, people, so aim to be walking home from work between 5:30 and 6 for a literal hot mess sighting.

4. It is entirely possible (and right) to subsist on only Girl Scout cookies for over 24 hours. Samoas and Tagalongs, specifically. It is also possible to go through an entire sleeve of Thin Mints in the time it takes you to walk from the metro, where you purchased the cookies, to your house, two blocks away.

5. Being in bed for 17 hours straight on a rare free night will simultaneously make you feel like a princess and a schlub, and will result in a back ache and a NyQuil hangover. But nights off are good. Dating is tiring. How do you all do this all the time?? I don't get it.

6. Boys who like Star Wars as much as I do are wonderful. Gets me every. single. time.

7. Dubstep is not, in fact, a dance move. I only recently (two days ago) became cool enough to know this.

8. No matter how much mental energy you direct towards the roots of your hair, you will remain bald. Growwww. Grooowwwww!! 

9. If you wear it often enough, the roomies eventually will stop noticing the omnipresent tiara on your head, as will you.

3 comments:

  1. Remember when I tried my first girl scout cookie with you? It's gross that you eat so many.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't run. But I especially don't run where I think people I know might see me. (I usually stick to right after work and in DC.) But, even still, I am impressed. I can't quite bust out my running shoes after such a nice, lazy winter. Besides, I thought it was fun seeing you running. I was mostly just jealous you were home and out and about and I was still on my way home.

    ReplyDelete