Monday, March 26, 2012

[A weekend in Miami.]

Before there was NYC #roomieweekend (pictures to come), there was Miami #springbreak:







Basically last weekend consisted of toasting in the sun all day and partying in beach bars all night. A lovely person very generously took me to Miami for a little weekend getaway with friends, and we had a wonderful little time together. As the only non-drinker of the bunch, I'm pretty sure my designated driver blood became 90% caffeine for the weekend, and I have since developed a really attractive eyelid twitch (look closely). I also returned a little, um, burnt, and can now be tracked by the trail of peeled skin I leave behind me. It's sexy.


Though the years I lived in Miami now feel like just a brief, blisful moment, the few times I've been back since then have always felt like going home to me. To my twelve year old self, Miami felt like a different world, a world where it was normal to see a peacock strutting across the street and parrots flying overhead, where salsa and meringue music played in the grocery store, and where footballs kicked through high school field goal posts had to be collected from the ocean after the game. This time around, I went back to see my old house (the middle row of pics above) in Coral Gables, and even creeped around the back of the property to take a sneaky pic through the hedges. Happy memories in that casa. Happy memories in that city.

No comments:

Post a Comment