Friday, August 24, 2012

[Cape Cod.]


Though my beloved Cape Cod seems to be best known for Taylor Swift - Kennedy clan liaisons these days, it is also the site of some of my most treasured family and summer memories. My parents first started spending a week or two on the Cape while they were in college in Boston, and the tradition has continued almost every summer since then. 



Those are the sibs, in all of their partially clothed glory. Below is Dad, making a deal happen even from the beach. Meanwhile, Mom, always the photographer, never the photographed, still valiantly keeps us sunscreened and Oreo-fed...



I wish I could take everyone I've ever loved with me to Cape Cod. The golden, sloping sand dunes, the quirky Provincetown shops, the evening summer league baseball games, the quiet, wooded cemetery from centuries long past... I admit that I'm sentimental to a fault, but I'd challenge even the hardest of hearts to deny the sweet and simple nostalgia of the Cape. 



In the classic words of Patti Page:

If you spend an evening, you'll want to stay / Watching the moonlight on Cape Cod Bay / You're sure to fall in love with old Cape Cod.

Until next year!



2 comments:

  1. you look adorable in the last picture. that sounds like such a great vacation. i'm jealous, but that sounds weird saying since i just got back from a super long vacation... soooo basically i just hate working...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the Cape I've been going with my cousins and it's so fun and so pretty. I am sucker for Martha's Vineyard too. One day I'll may it out to Nantucket!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete