Friday, July 1, 2011

[dreaming of decorative arts at the getty...]

Just some more pictures from my LA trip last month...
If I could narrow my dream home down to one decorating style, I'd probably end up with a glitzy, 17th - 18th c. Versailles-wannabe. I could happily live out the rest of my life camped out in the J. Paul Getty Museum's European decorative arts galleries, where I wandered for almost an hour while Kelly wandered around the gardens like the flower child she is.




a

Oh, and here we are.




2 comments:

  1. Glad you enjoyed your visit! I'm probably more like Kelly, my dream home would be garden-y. Let us know when you come back again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Seeing the French rooms and Alma Tadema's Spring in the Getty at age 9 is what eventually made me become an art historian!

    ReplyDelete