Saturday, July 30, 2011

[On the water in Idaho.]




For Chad's family reunion last week we stayed at a beautiful house right on the lake in Island Park, Idaho, so much of the week was spent boating, tubing, and wake boarding. I hadn't wake boarded since my first time, when I was sixteen (and it involved me getting dragged along the side of an irrigation canal -- highly unpleasant), so I had a lot of wipeouts and drank a lot of lake on this trip. Particularly unfortunate since I LOATHE getting wet -- I prefer dry land, thank you very much -- but after four or five tries I managed to get up and stay up. Meanwhile, Chad dominated on the tube -- I didn't know one could excel at tubing, but apparently there are flips to be flipped and rolls to be rolled. Who knew?



At one point our boat ran out of gas, and we were stranded in the middle of the lake with about a million babies on board. Though Chad and his brother valiantly attempted to row us to shore (using waterskis as paddles), we eventually had to get towed back to land. I was bordering on the verge of a meltdown the entire time, but luckily these two adorable twinsies kept me distracted the whole time with their iPhones. Or maybe it was the other way around, but either way, crisis averted.


Please note that twinsie Thompson (above left) is making the same face as Uncle Chad (below). Must be a Hill men thing...boys will be boys...



2 comments:

  1. Looks like you have fun!!--despite the fact that you had to get wet to partake of the funness. ;D

    ReplyDelete