Wednesday, August 31, 2011

[Can we do this every weekend?]



Hurricane Irene was exactly what I hoped for. We were fortunate to be relatively unaffected by the storm, but it was still a fun excuse to stay curled up inside all weekend. Aside from a short power outage on Saturday night (which had me panicking on the inside, as I obvi canNOT survive in the wild without TV or air conditioning, plus we had just watched a very scary movie called "Don't Be Afraid of the Dark," which, of course, caused me to be a lot more afraid of the dark), it just felt like a relaxed, lazy weekend. A lot of TV and movie watching punctuated by a little baking, cooking, and kissing. On Sunday night, Chad said he kind of wished we could have another hurricane next weekend...and I was like, um, I don't need a hurricane to have another weekend like this...I'm not the one who has to coach Little League and go in to work every weekend... just sayin'. :) Seriously, though, we've both been crazy busy with work (I don't think either of us has left work before 7 p.m. in weeks!), so it was a much needed break from life. I know a lot of people up and down the coast were and continue to be affected by this storm--here's hoping to a speedy recovery for everyone!

*I love this picture of Chad. I came up to my room after dinner clean up and found him curled up in my bed, reading a science magazine, surrounded by his favorite little snacks, with a mischievous, boyish grin on his face. Caught!

No comments:

Post a Comment