Tuesday, August 23, 2011

[this week's meal was...]


Really proud that I somehow managed to make a healthy meal entirely unhealthy. My heart-healthy salmon was defeated by the artery clogging butter sauce I smothered on it, resulting in a really delicious (if I do say so myself...) Sunday family dinner for me, Chad, and his cousin. I obviously had no idea how to make salmon, and my repeated calls to Mom (and Chad's mom) were unanswered, so I basically stuck it in the oven and hoped that it would come out alright in the end. Completely miscalculated the potatoes though, which I put in at the same time--turns out potatoes take twice the amount of time as salmon, who knew? Amateur mistake, yet again. All's well that ends well, though...the boys loved it, and both of them cleared the table AND did the dishes while I rested. Success!

No comments:

Post a Comment