Monday, August 1, 2011

[Jessie and the Toy Boys Concert.]



You now how people will say, "Have your people call my people, and we'll set something up"? And how it's a joke, since we're all young and none of us actually have "people" yet? Well, for the first time, a friend *my age* said that to me, and it wasn't a joke. On Friday night, I hung out with Jessie, who was in town with the Femme Fatale tour (Britney Spears, Nicki Minaj, and Jessie and the Toy Boys) for the weekend. Sweet thing that she is, of course she gave me and Chad tickets for her show on Sunday night. We wanted to make sure to see her after she performed that night, so I texted her the day of her show to figure out how to make that happen. Her response? To get in touch with her tour manager, who would work out all the details for us! I loved it!! (Similarly mind boggling and entertaining: buying a concert tee with my friend's face on it.)



I'd seen Jessie perform on TV, and I've obviously loved her music over the years (always given to me in the form of burned demo CDs, with her name and a heart scribbled on in sharpie), but it was a COMPLETELY different experience seeing her perform in a huge, packed arena as an opening act for Britney Spears. The music was fabulous, her dance moves were killer (seriously - about 1000 times better than Nicki Minaj AND Britney - this girl can move!), but what was truly special about the experience was the knowledge that I was watching a friend's dreams come true for them, right before my very eyes (and thousands of others). I may or may not have teared up (but I tear up about something about once a day, so maybe that's not that noteworthy).









It's been so amazing to witness the transformation of a friend who literally started out with just a dream and has made it come true through an inspiring combination of hard work, personality, and faith. I can't wait to see the next step! Congrats, Jessie, and thanks again for Sunday night!

No comments:

Post a Comment