Tuesday, November 15, 2011

[Macarons at the Met.]

Have you been to Laduree yet? I first discovered the French macaron shop in Paris a couple of years ago, and since I'm not yet quite equipped to make an annual pilgrimage to Paris (*ahem* future husbands, take note please), I was overjoyed when they opened a shop on the Upper East Side this year. I can't lie -- I'm such a visual person that half the appeal for me is the whimsical pastels of the shop's interior, packaging, and macarons themselves, but I obvi do love me a good macaron. This weekend while in New York I hit up the new location for the first time and met Lauren on the steps of The Met for a little afternoon treat. Nibbling on macarons was the perfect Frenchy segue into our next activity, exploring the European Decorative Arts galleries.


P.S. If you can't quite make it to Laduree but find yourself in dire need of a macaron fix, your options are the following:

1. Everyone: Get thee to a Trader Joe's, where they sell packages of vanilla and chocolate macarons. They're not perfect, but they're very sweet and do in a pinch.
2. DC people: Call the St. Regis and place an order. You must do so a few days in advance.
3. DC people: Try Paul, my new fave. It is lovely.

And remember: Your slacker boyfriend gives you a cupcake; your lover gives you macarons.
Can I get an amen on that, ladies?

2 comments: