Tuesday, November 29, 2011

[Two Tunes Tuesday: 'Tis (always) the season!]

I don't know what your rules are, but I do NOT have a strict no-Christmas-music-before-X-date policy. I listen to Christmas music year round, as it is always appropriate to be merry and bright. But I'm quite sensitive and considerate, so have restrained myself from posting any such tunes here until now, after Thanksgiving and well into the Starbucks red cup season. This first song is a beauuutiful Christmas hymn sung by Vocal Point, the BYU male a cappella ensemble (you may have seen them dominating this season of NBC's The Sing Off...). I heard it for the first time this weekend, when Vocal Point spent an afternoon at my house, chilling with the fam, eating lunch, cleaning up our kitchen, giving us a private little concert in our living room...you know, normal stuff. Anyway, they sang this song and I *may* have fallen just a teensy bit in love with the lead (though he was already a favorite from the start of the show). Girls (and everyone else, really), I dare you to watch this and not swoon. Seriously. Go ahead. Try.


Told ya you wouldn't make it out alive.

And then...there's this. A classic oldie, and a favorite of mine. It's excellent. And fitting, don't you think?


whomp whomp whomp

1 comment:

  1. I was going to say that I had no idea you listened to music all year round, but then I remembered when you were making Halloween cupcakes and you were listening to it. :)

    ReplyDelete