Wednesday, February 9, 2011

A weekend in Chicago.

Last month my sister Kelly and I were so lucky to be able to visit our uncle in Chicago for a weekend. I think the last time the three of us spent time like that together must have been at least 14 years ago, before the other kiddies were born, so it was such a treat to play with our uncle for the weekend and feel like little girls again. Two of my highlights were riding the ferris wheel on Navy Peer, with its beautiful views of the shoreline and Lake Michigan (including that darling little lighthouse), and just hanging out in our uncle's apartment, which had pretty amazing nighttime views. We had a fabulous weekend, but after trekking the city in single-digit weather, I concluded that Chicago in January is best enjoyed from a warm studio with a view, deep dish pizza, and family.

No comments:

Post a Comment