Tuesday, January 24, 2012

[New Year's Eve.]

This is late. Whatevs. I present to you New Year's Eve at la casa Milan.

I warned Mick that spending New Year's with me wasn't spending a hot night out on the town, but rather ringing it in with a night of my crazy family and a four hour card game and kids and Grandma Katies everywhere...and still he drove eight hours just to make my little day. A good egg, that lawyer man... By the end of the weekend, my sisters and Grandma were in love with him, Indiana Jones the dog was his best buddy, and he had a card move named after him {to "Mick", loosely translated: to consistently draw the worst possible cards, dooming one's team to failure}. Meanwhile, high on Diet Mountain Dew, I busily plotted my kidnapping of the adorable little man pictured at the bottom of this post... For now, must content myself with him and his picture perfect family being our adopted white relatives. Everyone should be so lucky.

The game {Hand and Foot}:


The kids, 15 yrs - 26 yrs {minus Ayrten-slash-Kelly, wayyy too cool to party with the family this year}:


The betrothed children, 3 yrs - 12 yrs {do you SEE that love in her eyes already?}:


The super hotties {the moms}:


The 10 deck shuffling {*someone* has graduated from Georgetown law but still can't quite shuffle properly...}:


The sneaky cheating {caught on camera, don't deny it}: 


The mocking Milan for not being able to count her own cards {it just takes me a second, okay?!}:


The real man of my night {no words...just...adorable}:



All in all, probably one of my favorite New Year's Eves ever. My people are the greatest. And any excuse to wear gold nail polish really will always take the cake. Happy 2012!

***

Also, while we're on the New Year's subject...enough people have asked, so I feel like I should clarify: my 2012 suggestions post was written to me, by me. Wasn't a letter from someone else, as some wondered. Relieved that I answered that burning question, aren't you...

No comments:

Post a Comment