Friday, September 9, 2011

[At the drive in.]

On Sunday, Chad and I took a day trip up to to Gettysburg, and then continued north that night to catch the last summer showing of a small town drive in. I never grew up around a drive in -- I only ever went once every summer on my family's annual Cape Cod vacation -- so the evening definitely brought out the kid in me. As you might be able to tell from the watery car windows (or my awful, frizzy hair), it was raining POURING during the movie, which made it a little hard to see or hear the movie (not to mention drive home - we contemplated staying in a hotel because it was so dangerous out!). I loved this drive in, because they've really tried to keep it as authentically 50's as possible (and I would know, because I've seen Grease), even down to the pre-movie concessions commercials.

Now that I've checked off the drive in from my summer to do list, bring on the fall!

1 comment:

  1. Lano and chaddy at the drive in mooviee
    parked in the very last row
    they're to busy holdin onto one anotherrr
    to even care about the show

    ReplyDelete