Thursday, September 22, 2011

[Magical meal (+ McD's).]


On Sunday night I made garlic rosemary chicken, with brown butter and balsamic four cheese ravioli. (Did you know it's spelled balsamic, not balsalmic? You probably did. I didn't. I learned that about 27 seconds ago when I wrote that sentence. Columbia education fail.) This was one of the easiest and fastest meals I've made since the beginning of my domestic revolution, and yet it received some of the highest marks by my taste tester/victim/boyfriend. Furthermore, it was like almost pure dairy (four cheese ravioli. brown butter sauce. liberal sprinklage of parmigiano-reggiano), but my severely lactose intolerant insides didn't reject it. In fact, they embraced the meal, with no detectable signs of revolt...so it was magical.


And lest I fool you into thinking I'm anything close to legit... This is me, at 11pm last night, devouring McD's, brought to me by Chadwick for a late night bedroom picnic. As he watched me inhale the large order of friends*: "Wow, I'm glad I didn't get you a medium..." Hmph. (Me too.)

*I just noticed this hilarious/embarrassing typo, hours later. And it will remain, because who doesn't think of fries as friends?

2 comments:

  1. Ooooh. Love! That looks divine.
    If you ever figure out how to make Miss Emma's green chicken, let me know will you????

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks incredible! I want the recipe right now. Which is why I am commenting. I like the combo of highbrow/lowbrow in this post.

    Yay domestic goddess transformation! I approve immensely.

    ReplyDelete