Monday, September 19, 2011

[Pizza & Whoopie Pies.]


Saturday night was a big night for Chad and his fellow BYU alums, as the BYU football team played its mortal enemy, University of Utah. I have, like, negative interest in BYU athletics...in fact, out of principle, I tend to root against them. But since I don't really have a college team to root for (I only paid attention to Columbia football the year I was hooking up with a defensive lineman) (a glorious Milan era, I must say), I made an exception for the Game and hopped on the BYU fanwagon for the night. To celebrate, we made pizza and whoopie pies...well, he made pizza with significant input from me, and I made the whoopie pies. I'd never had a whoopie pie, much less made one, so this was kind of a baking adventure. I misjudged the size a bit, and they ended up being more like whoopie sandwiches, but they were kind of delicious and have lasted us well into the week. I'm not going to say we both had two yesterday, but I won't deny it either...


PS - Yes, that is a BYU logo and slogan on my chest. I know, I never thought I'd see the day either, but Chad needed a present this weekend, so I broke every one of my rules and ordered us matching shirts to wear for the game. Girlfriend of the year? I think so. ;)

1 comment: