Tuesday, October 11, 2011

[Dessert monster.]

**Warning: Reading this post may lead to unhealthy amounts of cookie dough consumption. Proceed at your own risk.**

The pictures speak for themselves. A lethal combination of chocolate chip cookie dough, oreos, and brownie batter resulted in this decadent dessert monster. If I do it again (read: when I do it again), I'll probably take it out of the oven a few minutes earlier for optimal gooeyness levels, but other than that it was pretty much perfect.







It doesn't slice very well, so it isn't the prettiest dessert to photograph, but I hope it encourages you to get your bake on anyway.

Side note: Everyone please feel very, very bad for me, as I am basically on my deathbed, sick at home with a nasty head cold and a locked jaw. I've hypothesized that my icky congested state led to tense face muscles, allowing my TMJ to finally get the best of me, and now I can no longer open my mouth more than like 3/4 of an inch. Not really sure how to proceed other than mope around, make really weird, stretchy jaw faces, and watch daytime TV, but if anyone knows the key to unlocking a jaw, please fill me in.

5 comments:

  1. weird! i hope your jaw unlocks soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Um. YUM.

    As for the locked-jaw (I have TMJ too) get to a chiropractor. It's the only way I get mine un-locked when it's really jammed. Feel better, love!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's basically just a 9x13 pan layered with cookie dough, then oreos, then brownie mix. I based it on this recipe:
     
    http://www.kevinandamanda.com/whatsnew/new-recipes/ultimate-chocolate-chip-cookie-n-oreo-fudge-brownie-bar.html
    Enjoy everyone!

    ReplyDelete