Tuesday, October 11, 2011

[Two Tunes Tuesday: Run.]

As in, my nose is running.

My body is basically trying to be as icky and malfunctioning as possible today, so I've been in bed pretty much all day. Highlights of my day were the two times I've dragged myself out of my ruffly Anthropologie comforter heaven and descended from my cave to the kitchen. First trip: got my Fall on and baked some pumpkin chocolate chip cookies. Second trip: Since chewing with a locked jaw is a tad impossible, I can basically only eat soft, ideally mushy food, so I scavenged a few slices of turkey from the depths of my fridge for lunch. Then for second lunch (it's a thing) I made myself a little strawberry shortcake with a homemade biscuit leftover from yesterday's breakfast, topped with strawberries mixed with maple syrup and a little sugar, and whipped cream. (Mom: I know this is really overly sugary and unhealthy, but the maple syrup and whipped cream were necessary to make it mushy enough to eat. And maple syrup is natural, so it was basically like eating vegetables.) Sometimes I dazzle myself with my new, magic, "let me just whip something up" abilities, even in the face of a sickness that addles my brain to the point that I think watching a Nicolas Cage movie is a good idea.

Anyway, to get to the point, here's the oldie but goodie Snow Patrol song, "Run," followed by Leona Lewis' really pretty cover.




For those interested, I've traced my sick lineage: Roommate Ginette -> Roommate Domineau -> Me. But Chad was also mildly sick this weekend, so I was hit from two angles. Basically, everyone's out to get me, and I despise the world right now. Enjoy your evening.

1 comment: