Tuesday, October 4, 2011

[Two Tunes Tuesday: Found and Lost.]

I've paired these two songs together because I think they're pretty good thematic foils. The first positively revels in the excitement and hope of finally finding him or her, while the second articulates the helpless desperation of one in a failing love. I think "I Found You" is possibly THE most perfect song ever. Southern rock at its finest, people. And "Telephone Games" captures these emotions we've all felt at one point or another so perfectly. (PS-if you're reading this in Google Reader, click through because the first song doesn't show up there!)






Brooke is also one half of the The Girls With Glasses Show duo, which she does with my old (but young!) friend, Summer Bellessa. Check these pretty ladies out here!

N.B. I also think it's kind of interesting how the ordering of this pair dictates the overall mood of the post. The way I've purposefully paired them is a little tragic -- it's the exhilaration of a new love, only to be slammed down to reality when it unravels. But had I switched the order, the mood would have been decidedly more uplifting -- the misery of a failed romance giving way to the hope of a new relationship. Fascinating, right?

mmmmmk. Clearly I think about things too much. Done now.

No comments:

Post a Comment