Monday, October 17, 2011

[Happy Monday! Some inspiration. ]

Just a bit of artistic and life inspiration that I thought I'd share with you all. These images are by James Gulliver Hancock, an artist who is documenting his attempts to draw all the buildings of New York here. His works are complexly layered, but they take on a simple, whimsical aesthetic that I really love. This video about him and his drawings captures his love of what he does so beautifully, and I think it's quite inspiring to see how much he enjoys his work. Videos like this always make me look a bit introspectively -- do I love what I do? If not, what steps can I take to get to that point?



I love this quote from the video: "You've got all these nice mistakes in each of those layers...I really like all that. It probably kind of reflects the organic nature of the city in a way. The fact that it's a bit full of mistakes, though beautiful."




Happy Monday! Hope everyone is starting their week beautifully!

No comments:

Post a Comment